Yesterday while stopped at a traffic light, I noticed an Alabama license plate directly in front of me. Realizing that this was a “slow” light and remembering that iOS 5 gives quick access to the camera, I:
- Pressed the Home button twice
- Touched the camera button
- Pointed the iPhone at the vehicle in front of me
- Pressed the increase-volume button
Then I put the iPhone back into my pocket and waited another minute for the light to change.
Returning home, I opened Alabama Platefinder and learned that Alabama license plate numbers that begin with “63” are from Tuscaloosa. I also learned that
- Tuscaloosa County is named in honor of the pre-Choctaw chief Tuskaloosa
- Tuscaloosa County is Alabama’s second-largest in area and sixth-largest in population.
- the county seat, Tuscaloosa, was the state capital from 1826 to 1845.
… as well as numerous other interesting trivia.