Three days ago our latest iPhone app in the “PlateFinder” series appeared in the iPhone App Store. The German PlateFinder (Deutscher Schildfinder in German) is our most aggressive undertaking thus far. Here are a few highlights:
- If your iOS device’s default language (in Settings) is German, the entire app appears in German. For other languages, the interface defaults to English
- All 451 of the current location codes that appear on German license plates appear in the app.
- In order to facilitate the location of a given code, an index appears at the right-hand side of the main view.
- (Yes, there are plans to add a search bar at the top of the main view, to facilitate searches for specific locations and codes.)
- Like our other PlateFinder apps, this one is free.
This is our first venture in internationalized apps. Please send suggestions, feedback, complaints and bug reports to firstname.lastname@example.org.